Everyone loves banana splits! My family tried a different way to create this delicious and iconic recipe and used ice cream, the results were amazing and it’s also very refreshing and really sweet!
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Additional: 3 hrs 30 mins
- 20 chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries (Optional)
Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter. Press into a 9-inch pie plate.
Arrange bananas over the bottom of the crust. Spread ice cream in an even layer over bananas. Top with drained pineapple. Whip the cream and spread over top. Sprinkle with nuts.
Place pie in the freezer for 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with cherries, if desired. Makes 8 servings.