This is another delicious icing to use on your own recipes, it’s a perfect addition to them and everyone will love it, buttercream and coconut create a really unique flavor!
Preparation Time: 15 mins
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk, or as needed
- 1 (7 ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth; beat in vanilla extract.
Gradually beat confectioners’ sugar into butter mixture until well blended. The mixture will appear dry.
Stir enough milk into butter mixture to achieve desired consistency for icing.
Fold half the coconut into the icing; spread icing over the cake.
Sprinkle remaining coconut and pecans over icing.