This is a really special recipe, using candy apples for making a salad? well, it’s more like a really really sweet salad that is more like a dessert, you can serve this as one and just by the looks you can tell it is! You can also add snickers to it if you want.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cook: 8 mins
- 4 cups Granny Smith apple – peeled, cored and chopped
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the egg, flour, sugar, vinegar and pineapple. Cook until thick, about 6 minutes. Set aside until completely cool.
In a large serving bowl, fold together the pineapple mixture and whipped topping. Carefully mix in the apples and 1/2 cup of peanuts. Sprinkle the remaining nuts on the top.