This is a perfect meal for picnics, a no bake version of the cheesecake in a portable jar with fresh strawberries that really fits with everything!
Preparation Time: 55 mins
Additional: 2 hrs
- 6 pecan shortbread cookies (such as Keebler® Sandies), finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 6 (1/2 pint) canning jars with lids
- 12 ounces sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream, whipped
Stir together cookie crumbs, butter, and 2 tablespoons sugar in a bowl until blended. Divide mixture evenly among jars (about 3 1/2 tablespoons each) and gently press (do not pack) into bottoms.
Halve 6 strawberries for garnish, and set aside. Chop remaining strawberries.
Beat together cream cheese, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup sugar in bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Fold in whipped cream and chopped berries, and divide evenly among jars (about 1/2 cup each). Top each with 2 berry halves and cover with lids. Chill at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.