This is for all the chocolate cookie lovers, we have this amazing recipe for cookies that have a delicious chocolate frosting aside from the classic chocolate cookie, a chocolate explosion you will love!
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cook: 12 mins
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- ½ cup chopped black walnuts
- 2 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons milk
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cream together 1/2 cup butter or margarine and 1 cup light brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, beat thoroughly. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and mix well. Sift together flour and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, alternating with 3/4 cup milk to creamed mixture beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Blend in melted chocolate, then nuts.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 -12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, frost with Chocolate Icing.
To Make Icing: Mix confectioners’ sugar; 1/4 cup cocoa ; 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and milk. Mix all ingredients until smooth and creamy (may need to add more milk to get creamy consistency) . Frost cookies.