This amazing pie has a chocolate cookie crust and an amazing ice cream filling, but the creme de menthe meringue topping is what makes it special, check it out!
Preparation Time: 15 mins
- 1 ½ cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 4 tablespoons creme de menthe liqueur
- 1 cup crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- 3 egg whites
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons creme de menthe liqueur
- ⅓ cup white sugar
Combine 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs and melted butter or margarine. Press firmly over bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie pan. Freeze.
Spread half of softened ice cream in the crust. Drizzle 2 tablespoons creme de menthe and sprinkle 1/2 cup cookie crumbs over the ice cream. Repeat. Freeze till firm..
In a clean bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add salt and cream of tartar, and beat until slightly stiff. Gradually beat in sugar until peaks form. Fold in 2 teaspoons of creme de menthe. Spread meringue over pie, and seal to edges. Freeze for up to 24 hours.
Just before serving, broil until the top is golden.