These amazing brownies are moist and with delicious chocolate, this one has a special flavor to it and it’s just amazing!
Preparation Time: 25 mins
Cook: 35 mins
Additional: 20 mins
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- ½ pound butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 pound dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur (such as Kahlua®)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- ½ (16 ounce) container ready-made dark chocolate frosting
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Place chocolate squares in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
Cream butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add sugar, brown sugar, eggs, coffee-flavored liqueur, vanilla extract, melted chocolate, coffee granules, and the flour mixture, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in chocolate morsels, followed by walnuts and pecans until thoroughly mixed. Pour batter into a 9×12-inch baking dish.
Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and edges have started to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 25 minutes. Let cool, about 20 minutes. Spread frosting on top of cooled brownies.