This recipe was made by my mother a long time ago, delicious chocolate bars that have a unique look aside from it’s amazing flavor, try it now!
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup shortening
- 2 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Melt shortening, stir in brown sugar. Let cool.
Beat in the eggs.
Add dry ingredients.
Add chocolate chips, nuts and vanilla.
Pour in a 10 x 15-inch pan and bake for 30 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.