This one is my personal favorite. These deep fried desserts are really delicious and you will love it, they have a unique flavor and also are perfect for a quick treat!
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Additional: 8 hrs
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon (Optional)
- 1 ½ cups cold butter, cut into tablespoon-sized pieces
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, divided, or more as needed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 quart vegetable oil, or as needed
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, or as needed
Whisk brown sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon together in a shallow bowl. Dip each piece of butter into a cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat completely. Place butter pieces in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until hard, 8 hours to overnight.
Stir 1 cup flour, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Beat buttermilk, eggs, and white sugar together in another bowl; add flour mixture to buttermilk mixture and beat until smooth. Gradually stir remaining flour into buttermilk mixture until desired batter consistency is reached.
Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Poke a toothpick into the center of each frozen piece of butter. Dip butter into batter to coat completely.