This light and lovely lime pudding is a delicious, lower-fat change from the original.
- Reduced-fat dairy spread, melted, to grease
- 2 eggs, separated
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tsp finely grated lime rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat dairy spread, extra, melted
- 250ml (1 cup) light soy milk or rice milk
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 180C. Brush four shallow 250ml (1-cup) capacity ovenproof dishes with melted dairy spread to lightly grease. Place on a baking tray.
- Whisk the egg yolks, sugar, lime rind, lime juice and extra melted dairy spread together in a medium bowl. Stir in the soy or rice milk and flour.
- Use an electric beater to whisk the 4 egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Use a metal spoon to fold the egg white into the lime mixture until just combined. Pour mixture into prepared dishes. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until set and lightly browned on top (the desserts will remain saucy underneath). Serve immediately.