My family loves this easy salad, everyone seems to love it and beg for more everytime my gramma does it, try it by yourself!
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Additional: 4 hrs
- 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated carrot (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers (Optional)
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the onion, celery, green pepper, carrot, pimentos and macaroni. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight.