These adorable Mummy Cookies are a spooktacular Halloween treat! Great for Halloween parties, lunch boxes, dessert or an afternoon treat.
Mummy Cookies Ingredients:
● ¾ cup Butter, softened
● ¾ cup Sugar
● 1 Egg
● 2¼ cups All Purpose Flour
● 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
● ¼ tsp Salt
● 20 Candy Eyeballs
● 8oz White Decorating Icing (Wilton)
Mummy Cookies Directions:
● Preheat oven to 325°.
● Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
● Using a stand mixer, in a large mixing bowl mix together softened butter and sugar.
● Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
● Add flour and salt; mix until well incorporated.
● On a flat surface lay out a piece of parchment paper and spread a tablespoon of flour out over the paper.
● Flour a rolling pin and roll your dough out to a thick 1/8″ and cut out circles with a 4″ or 5″ cookie cutter
● Move the circles of cookie dough over to the lined baking sheet.
● Bake for 8-10 minutes – do not bake longer than 10 minutes ad these mummy cookies are supposed to be light in color.
● Allow cookies to cool completely.
● Place a flat tip on your icing bag and hold in place with a plastic coupler.
● Place a tiny bit of frosting on the back of two candy eyeballs and attach them to the top center of a cookie.
● Squeeze the center of the icing bag and draw straight lines from one side of your cookie to the other, horizontally and at an angle until most of your cookie has icing being certain not to cover the candy eyes.
● Repeat decorating instructions for all cookies.
● Allow frosted mummy cookies to dry on a baking rack.
● Makes 10 Mummy Cookies