The ratio of cereal to marshmallow makes or breaks a rice krispie treat– literally! For extra gooey and buttery rice krispie treats, use this recipe.
3 tablespoons butter1 package (10 oz., about 40)
JET-PUFFED MarshmallowsOR5-1/2 cups
JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
– For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
– 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
– Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
– Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
– To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.