This boozy poke cake is flavored with all the elements of fresh and fruity white wine sangria!
Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 1 cup water
- 1 box (3 oz) orange-flavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup sweet white wine, such as Riesling
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sliced fresh peaches (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make cake as directed on a box for a 13×9-inch pan. Cool for 15 minutes; use a fork or wooden skewer to poke holes all over the top of the cake, cleaning off the end with a paper towel as needed.
Meanwhile, in a 2-quart saucepan, heat 1 cup water to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin, wine and brandy until gelatin dissolves. Pour evenly over the cake. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
In a large bowl, beat whipping cream with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Frost cake with whipped cream; garnish with peaches and raspberries.