An interesting three layered salad that includes strawberries, pretzel crust and cream cheese, check out this easy to make dessert.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Additional: 1 hr 35 mins
- 1 ½ cups crushed pretzels
- 4 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored Jell-O®
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mix together the pretzels, 4 1/2 tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool completely.
In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
In a medium bowl, stir together the gelatin mix and boiling water. Mix in frozen strawberries, and stir until thawed. Pour over the cream cheese mixture in the pan. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 1 hour.